Not a member?
JOIN HERE
Find and click on your name.

UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS



•   Jeannie Jones (Anderson)  5/26
•   Steve Brown  5/27
•   Steve King  5/27
•   Mike Suggs (Suggs)  5/28
•   Larry Holcombe  6/7
•   Maxine Osborn (Hamby)  6/7
•   Connie Phillips (Christianson)  6/7
•   Jamie Roper (May)  6/9
•   Ricky Jimmerson  6/11
•   Melba Glass (Carver)  6/14
•   Pat Starnes  6/17

WHO'S ONLINE NOW


No registered users are online right now.

PROFILE UPDATES


•   Denise Moore (Keener)  5/5
•   Vickey Franklin (DuBreuil)  4/28
•   Robert Mike Abbey  4/24
•   Tom Teague  4/21
•   Steve Brown  4/19
•   Carl Keener (Keener)  4/19
•   Randy Pritchett  4/19
•   Ronnie Cash  4/16
•   James Castleberry  4/11
•   Jenny Granade (Shell)  4/11
Show More

MISSING CLASSMATES


Know the email address of a missing Classmate? Click here to contact them!

WHERE ARE THEY NOW


WHERE WE LIVE


Who lives where - select from the dropdown to find out.


JOINED CLASSMATES


Percentage of Joined Classmates: 60.8%


A:   192   Joined
B:   124   Not Joined
(totals do not include deceased)

DONATE


Support our site! If you would like to support this web site please click the Donate button below. Donations can be made by PayPal, or with a regular credit card if you do not have a PayPal account.


R L Osborne High School
Class Of 1971

 

 

          

                                  

 
 
   
 
            
 
 

In the heart of old Cobb County
Reared against the skies
Proudly stands our alma mater
As the years go by
Osborne High School we will honor
True and loyal be
Ever crowned with grace and glory
Osborne, hail to thee.......... -Ruby Hildebrand, 1936

 

 As the oldest high school in Cobb County, R. L. Osborne has served as a cornerstone of our community for more than 120 years. Established as Olive Springs Community School in 1881, the building was comprised of a single room serving grades one through eight.  Housed in the Olive Springs Baptist Church, little is known about the history of the community school until 1919. As a member of a faculty of only three, Mr. Robert L. Osborne became Principal of Olive Springs Community School in 1919. Over the next nine years, Mr. Osborne worked tirelessly to serve a growing population.  In 1928, Olive Springs moved from its original location at Olive Springs Baptist Church to Joyner Avenue.  As the new school opened on September 10, 1928, it employed ten teachers and served 350 students in grades one through nine. In 1936, recognizing and honoring Mr. Osborne's commitment to the community, Olive Springs School was renamed Robert L Osborne School.In 1928, R. L. Osborne became a fully accredited Senior High School. R. L. Osborne's first graduating class in 1939 boasted 25 members, 13 boys and 12 girls. As the school moved to its present location on Favor Road in 1962, Mr. Osborne retired. His 49 years of service helped to both shape and impact the Osborne community for generations to come.